Cat Soup (ねこぢる草) directed by Tatsuo Sato, storyboarded by Masaaki Yuasa
I’m here but nothing
Yayoi Kusama began hallucinating spots atop the surfaces of her world at a young age. In these polka dots, at once simple and boundless, Kusama found a way to break from the self and look into infinity.
Hana wa Saku Touhouku ni Saku short-film by japanese Cyclone Graphics studio (Nandaka Velonica) for NHK channel, starring Domokun.
This happened to me when I was in Japan and it’s something I’ll never forget.
Thought this was hilarious when I saw it. I’ve always heard about Sauce and Soy sauce and sugar faced, but the others were new to me.
How to classify a person’s face using condiments. :P
Left to Right (Top to bottom)
1. Soy Sauce Face (Very typical Japanese looking face)
Ex: Mukai Osamu
2. Sauce Face (Darker stronger features that is not typical Japanese)
Ex: Abe Hiroshi
3. Salt Face (A delicate (lighter) looking Asian face)
Ex: Oikawa Mitsuhiro
4. Vinegar Face (Even more delicate (lighter) looking face than salt face)
Ex: Fujiwara Motoo (Bump of Chicken)
5. Sugar Face (Has child-like features ~ baby faced)
Ex: Koike Teppei
6. Miso Face (Not as strong and dark as sauce faced)
Ex: Matsudaira Ken
7. Mayonnaise Face (Not as sweet (baby faced as sugar face))
Ex: Kokubun Taichi (TOKIO)
8. Ketchup Face (A much lighter delicate face than sauce faced)
Ex: Kaname Jun
9. Olive Oil Face
Ex: Mokomichi Hayami
Nabana no Sato : Amazing Light Tunnel Made of Millions of LEDs in Japan
The Japanese once again prove that they know how to leave us in awe: a couple of days ago a spectacular 7 million light installation was opened in the Nabana no Sato botanical garden on the island of Nagashima in Kuwana.
What is justly called “the best light show in the country”, welcomes the visitors through the entry of a light-lit tunnel, where every tiny LED is enclosed into a botanically inspired light bulb. With the theme of this year’s project being “The Great Nature”, the gardens offer such installations as rainbows, auroras borealis and even a sunrise by the Mt. Fuji. A theme park usually focusing on flowers, will hold this Winter Illumination project till the end of March.